Are you Missing Teeth and looking for options to replace?
Malligai Dental Implant centre with more than 10000 implants placed by Major Dr Pravin Prathip J and his highly skilled team.
Are you Missing Teeth and looking for options to replace?
From our current knowledge of missing teeth and its prosthetic replacement, we understand that a person has three main options for missing teeth replacement.
Option 1: Do Nothing
Happy People with a gap
• 20% of people don't bother about missing tooth .this is wrong. There is about 20 percent of the total population who are not disturbed by the fact of a missing tooth. This is entirely a bad attitude and can cause complications in the future.
• Missing tooth will disrupt your quality of life.
• It can hinder the confidence and self-esteem.
• People lacking multiple teeth tend to use toothpicks to remove the food debris buildup caused due to the missing adjacent tooth.
Effects of missing teeth
• Early loss of teeth gives an aged appearance to the person.
• The bone in the region of the missing teeth tends to resorb and reduce in all dimensions due to non-functionality for a long time.
• People tend to not chew on the side in which the teeth are missing. This causes excessive forces on the contralateral side due to one side chewing. This can cause further complications such as the decay of the teeth and jaw problems such as pain, clicking sounds and jaw displacement on the side being excessively used.
· Opposing teeth tend to join one another at rest or while chewing. This opposition also helps hold the teeth in position. In cases of missing opposing teeth, due to unhindered forced the teeth to tend to extrude(move out) of the socket. This can fill the gap left by the missing teeth and also hinder the adjacent teeth causing complications like decay, lack of area for replacement, etc.
Option 2: Traditional Bridgework
In a conventional bridgework, the teeth on either side of the gap are reduced down to act as ‘to which a bridge is fixed to replace the missing teeth.
Acts as a Replacement for the function of a missing tooth.
This prosthesis is comparatively less expensive than other fixed prosthetic options.
Provides a more significant fulfillment both functionally and aesthetically.
1. The foremost difficulty of a bridge is that adjacent tooth has to be sacrificed to gain support.
2. The concept is similar to purchasing a smaller size shoe to fit a big leg by cutting the toes off the leg.
3. If the bridge design is poor and improperly manufactured, it can cause food accumulation near the region of the gums, which makes it impossible to clean.
This can lead to further complications such as gingival infection, supporting tooth decay and ultimately even failure of the bridge.
Option 3: Implants
With a dental implant, the specialist introduces a post (most commonly made of titanium) into the jaw bone at the site of the missing tooth. Following this, a healing period of 3-6 months is given to allow the implant to ‘accepted’ by our body. This acceptance essentially means new bone forms around the titanium post and makes it steady in the mouth as for how a natural root of a tooth is anchored in the socket. Following the integration, a crown is placed.
Advantages of implants:
- Closely resembles a natural tooth.
- Improved aesthetics
- Increased comfort
- Improved speech and phonetics
- Convenience of chewing better and easily
- Improved self-esteem
1. The cost is higher in comparison to other replacement methods.
2. Technique sensitive and needs proper expertise.
3. Regular follow-ups are required
4. A little time-consuming.
Implant Treatment stages: single tooth
1. An implant is positioned in the jaw immediately after the extraction of the tooth or after complete healing.
2. Permanent crown will not be placed directly.Only temporary crown will be provided if it is a non-load bearing area, i.e., front tooth, to restore aesthetics.
3. In case of the back tooth region, which is the load bearing area, either it will be placed under the gums, or a healing button will be given.You will be recalled for Stage 2 after 3-6 months.
1. A measurement for the crown is taken using impression material and is sent to Lab for a full veneer crown fabrication.
2. The crown is fabricated using a Zirconia material or a ceramic material and is cemented onto the implant.
Implant Treatment stages: Multiple teeth
1. When there are multiple missing teeth in a single jaw deprived of a natural tooth present amongst them, then a different treatment plan is formulated.
2. After the implants are positioned, a temporary bridge will be given if the front tooth is involved.
3. In case of a back tooth either it will be placed under the gums, or a healing button will be set.
1. After three months to 6 months(depending on the completion of healing), the patient will be called for the second stage procedures.
2. A measurement using impression material is taken and sent to Lab for complete crown fabrication
3. The crown is made either in Zirconia or ceramic or a hybrid bridge is engaged.
For further details on dental implants do visit our page on dental implants
Replacement of a missing tooth is very essential, and here at Malligai dental we provide you with the top notch treatment with our team of specialists. Visit us to get a happy and healthy smile.
Give a Missed Call for appointments
Malligai Dental Hospital ranks the 9th among the top 10 Dental Hospitals in the city of chennai.
Why Malligai Dental?
- Friendly environment
- largest Dental Clinic in the Area
- Affordable pricing
- Strict Sterilisation and hygiene
- comfortable working hours
- round the clock doctor availability
- All Services under one roof
- In house Pharmacy for dental products
- Skilled Assistants
- Panel of Experts
- More Satisfied Customers
- Senior citizen discount
- Exceptional Expertise
- Nitrous oxide
- Evenings and Saturdays calls
- No interest financing
- Ground floor access
- Wheel Chair access
- 24x7 emergency service
- In House CBCT / OPG
- International Dental Lab tie up
- Dental Spa annexe
- free wi fi
- complimentary beverages
- Referral Discounts
- Cleaning and Consultation for Membership card holders