Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
The highest calibre of surgical care
At Malligai Dental Hosptial , we provide a full spectrum of surgical services and compassionate support for you and your family. Our team of dental experts offers special focus on Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, giving out the highest calibre of surgical care for patients requiring bone grafts, implant placements and treatments for diseases and injuries to the teeth, jaws, mouth, bones and facial structures.
What does an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon do?
- Evaluate, formulate a treatment course and place dental implants to replace missing teeth
- Surgically reconstruct inadequate bone structure in the jaw area
- Treat injuries to the face, jaws, teeth and mouth
- Treat head and neck trauma
- Diagnose and treat facial pain, oral cancer and other diseases in the maxillofacial region
- Perform corrective jaw surgery for patients with cleft lip and palate, and other congenital defects
- Diagnose and surgically treat sleep apnea
- Perform Temporomandibular joint surgery (TMJ) for correcting malfunctions of the joint and treating TMJ-induced facial pain
- Perform facial cosmetic procedures to enhance facial appearance and function
The Most Advanced Dental Imaging Technology
The success of any dental treatment depends not only on the expertise of the dental practitioner and the cooperation of the patient, but also on the technology being used.
Speaking about the latest in technology, 3D imaging has become quite a critical tool for modern dental practices over the years. It allows practitioners to see important information that can’t be detected using traditional 2D imaging systems alone.
Malligai Dental Chennai recognizes the need for enhanced treatments and patient experience and thus offers the Carestream CS 9300 CBCT – the latest in 3D dental imaging for improved diagnoses, better communication between dentists and patients and more efficient treatment planning.
Are there procedures which specifically require CBCT ?
It is possible to work without CBCT but the predictability, quality and safety of surgery is improved with an improved understanding of the problem you are working with.
How long does it take to get the scan
Why use CBCT scan ? What sets it apart from other imaging systems ?
The CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) gives a very detailed 3-dimensional image in contrast to conventional x-rays which only give a 2-dimensional image. The 3D image makes the understanding of the patient’s problem much better improving the quality of care dental practitioners can provide.
When is the CBCT scan used ?
When can i get the results ?
Results are available immediately.
Is there anything i need to do before i come for my appointment ?
Should the amount of X-ray and Radiation worry me ?
How safe is the CBCT ? Can anyone have their scans taken with the CBCT ?
How important is the CBCT for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon ?
It is a fantastic tool as the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon is able to understand the problem he is dealing with in 3-dimensions in a very detailed way, and patients are 3-dimensional so it improves the quality of the surgeries that he does.
Are there other dental clinics in Chennai that offers CBCT?